Our Grassy Wood Goat Shampoo & Body Bar gives off a beautiful, energizing scent that's perfect for starting your morning! This bar is great for gently moisturizing both skin and hair.
Lakota Made's Shampoo & Body Bars are made without added preservatives or harmful chemicals, such as parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, and synthetic fragrances. Our eco-friendly bars are also free of microplastics and plastic packaging, making them good for both your body and the environment!
Read below to learn more about the ingredients we use to make this amazing bar, and how to use it!
Benefits of goat milk soap: Goat milk soap contains lactic acid, a natural exfoliant which prevents acne breakouts by removing dead skin. This soap base helps to moisturize and repair dry skin and hair, and is also rich in vitamins that help to brighten complexion. Goat milk soap prevents dandruff by naturally maintaining your scalp's pH levels, and reduces frizziness and tangling by softening hair.
Benefits of cedarwood essential oil: Cedarwood oil has natural astringent properties, and helps to strip excess oils from skin and prevent acne breakouts. Cedarwood oil also contains cedrol, a sesquiterpene alcohol found in the essential oil of conifer trees, which has been scientifically proven to have stress-reducing aromatherapy benefits, and also acts as a natural bug repellent. For hair, cedarwood oil stimulates the hair follicles and increases circulation to the scalp, which stimulates hair growth and makes hair stronger.
Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: The anti-inflammatory properties of lemongrass oil help to reduce itchiness and redness, and evens complexion. Lemongrass oil contains a compound called eugenol, which has been scientifically found to have similar abilities to aspirin, meaning that lemongrass oil can naturally alleviate pain from things such as headaches. Lemongrass oil also deeply cleanses the scalp and is commonly used to prevent dandruff.
How to use a Lakota Made Shampoo & Body Bar
Natural shampoo bars are easy to use! If you are new to shampoo bars, finding the right bar and using the best technique for your hair can help in a successful transition from synthetic shampoo to natural shampoo bars.
Our natural shampoo bars are superfatted and thus contain extra oils and butters to nourish your hair. Since natural shampoo bars are so gentle, it may take a while to remove all of the silicones and petroleum-based products used on your hair for years. If you do not lather and rinse really well, you will have areas that remain coated with the soap oils and synthetic shampoo residue, which will make your hair feel “gummy.” The simplest way to prevent this is to fully lather and rinse your hair multiple times!
How to wash your hair:
1. First, make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet.
2. Gently rub the shampoo bar directly onto your hair from scalp to ends in a combing and/or circular motion. Continue to add water as you create the lather. (To prevent tangles, be sure to always work from the top down, don't pile your hair on your head, and use your fingers like a comb, not a mixer.)
3. Lather up your hair fully, then be sure to rinse, rinse, rinse!!! Especially if your hair is new to using a shampoo bar, you'll want to fully lather and rinse two or possibly three times.
4. The rinsing should take longer than the washing and lathering time. If your hair is long or thick, lift up sections of your hair to ensure that all of the shampoo bar residues are rinsed clean. Also, pay special attention to rinsing the middle back of your head and the nape of your neck, as these are common trouble spots.
How to wash your body:
1. First, make sure that your body is thoroughly wet.
2. Take the bar and create a lather using your hands, a washcloth, or a loofa, or apply the bar directly to your skin.
3. Scrub your body using circular motions. When washing, it's important to start at the top of your body, your neck and shoulders, and work your way down to your legs and feet to ensure you're fully washing and rinsing all parts of your body.
For a natural facial cleanser, try one of Lakota Made's facial soap bars!